Message from the Chairman:
Thank you for visiting.
Blood Bike groups essentially need two things - volunteers and financial help. If you would like to support us at the corporate level, volunteer for a local group, start a new group or just want to find out more, please get in touch via our contact page. If you want to give us a few pounds then please use the BT MyDonate button on the left.
I urge you to browse your regional area group's web site for the many events that our members support and attend each year. Please also browse www.prescottbikefestival.co.uk, an annual Motorcycle Festival whose proceeds go to NABB and the organising group, Severn Freewheeelers.
John Stepney, Chair
The Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes (NABB) is a registered charity (1139714) that represents a group of established charities operating across the UK and Ireland.
NABB's principle aims are to:
- Aid the formation of new groups
- Assist member groups achieve their objectives
- Define a minimum professional operating standard for all members
- Raise awareness / sponsorship for the benefit of all NABB members.
Each NABB member performs a similar service, using motorcycles (and sometimes cars) to provide an out-of-hours 'medical essentials' courier service to hospitals and other health institutions within their area. The charities carry urgently needed medical items such as blood, biological samples, medical notes, x-rays and scans. The service is offered free of charge to the NHS and all members are unpaid volunteers.
The existing NABB members reach more than 85% of the UK's population and parts of Ireland, with further expansion planned in 2013, will extend blood bike coverage to 54 million people. Will your next journey save a life? Ours could.
The following are members of NABB who operate to the professional opartional standards set by NABB:
- Cornwall Freewheelers - Cornwall
- Freewheelers EVS - Bristol, Bath, Somerset, parts of Wiltshire
- Midland Freewheelers - West Midlands
- Scottish Emergency Rider Volunteer Service (ScotsERVS) - Scotland Wide
- SERV - Oxon, Bucks, Berks & Northants
- SERV - Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire
- SERV - Norfolk
- SERV - Suffolk and Cambridgeshire
- SERV - Surrey & South London
- SERV Wessex (Hampshire, Dorset & Wiltshire)
- Severn Freewheelers - Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, parts of Wiltshire
- Whiteknights - North & West Yorkshire, Clevland (Teeside) (NM)
- Yeovil Freewheelers - South Somerset, parts of Dorset
- North West Blood Bikes - Manchester
- North West Blood Bikes - Lancashire
- North West Blood Bikes - Merseyside
- Northumbria Blood Bikes
- Blood Bike West - Co Galway, Republic of Ireland
- Derbyshire Bloodbikes
- Warwickshire Freewheelers
- Blood Bikes Wales - Beiciau Gwaed Cymru - South Wales Area - De Cymru
You can purchase our really cool Blood Runners clothing from Red Torpedo.